- 1 1/2 cups black beans (that's one 15 ounces can), drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats (or regular oats will work, too)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased pan.
- Feel free to sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top (because who can ever get enough chocolate?).
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-20 minutes, then let cool.
- You can place them in the fridge overnight and they will firm up nicely.