- 2 cups almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch coins
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped (60 percent cacao)
- Toasted, chopped almonds for garnish
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Place almonds in a food processor, and blend on high until smooth. Stream in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and blend again until desired consistency is reached. Season with a pinch of salt and honey if using.
- Melt chocolate with remaining coconut oil, either over a double boiler or in a microwave until smooth.
- Take each banana slice and spread with a heaping teaspoon or so of almond butter. Top with another slice of banana. Freeze 'sandwiches' to firm up before dipping in prepared melted chocolate. Gently turn with a fork to coat evenly and allow excess to drip off before placing on prepared baking sheet.
- Garnish with assorted toppings (above) and pop in freezer to firm up. Save for later in the freezer or eat now.