- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable oil
- Green onions, for garnish
- Grate the cauliflower head on a cheese grater to create cauliflower shreds or "rice."
- Combine the shredded cauliflower with egg, minced onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder; stir to combine.
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add half the cauliflower mixture to the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten, working to keep the hash brown together as much as possible.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes. After the edges start to turn golden brown, cook for 1 minute.
- Carefully flip over and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes to let the edges brown and the cauliflower and onion cook through.
- Garnish with chopped green onion.