- 4 apples (cut into 1 centimeter cubes; peeled or unpeeled -- your choice!)
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries (washed and patted dry)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Vegan cream cheese (tofu/soy-based, not cashew-based) for decoration and presentation
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Mix together apples, blackberries, agave nectar, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Pour contents into an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- Prepare crumble topping: Line another 8x8 baking pan with plastic wrap. Mix together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a large bowl. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour into the prepared baking pan and put in the freezer to solidify coconut oil.
- Bake the fruit in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the blackberries have lightened in color and the apples have gotten a bit soft, remove fruit from the oven. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Remove chilled crumble, separate it from the plastic, and add to the top of the fruit compote.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and fruit is syrupy and cooked through.
- Enjoy the cobbler hot with your favorite dairy-free yogurt or coconut cream, or let chill and eat like a danish. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.