- 2 red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 250g (9 oz) fusilli pasta
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, bashed and peeled
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) white wine
- Splash red wine vinegar
- 70g (2½ oz) Parmesan cheese, grated (plus extra for serving)
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped (plus extra for serving)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 7.
- Roast the peppers, cut-side down, on a parchment lined baking tray for 10 minutes, until the skin is shrivelled and lightly blistered. Place in a bowl and cover for 10 minutes, then peel the skins off.
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water for 7 minutes. Drain, retaining a cup of pasta water. Toss the pasta with 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a large pan and sweat the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt for 4-5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the white wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Chop the peppers and add to the pan and heat through. Stir in the pasta, Parmesan and a little of the reserved water. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Finish by stirring through the vinegar, olive oil and parsley.
- Serve garnished with extra parsley and Parmesan