Wild Mushroom Tart
Just Jen - "Feeling Groovy"
- 1 ½ lbs assorted mushrooms, sliced (chanterelles, crimini, shiitake, oyster)
- 1 large shallot
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup gruyere, shredded
- ¼ cup parmesan
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- Salt and pepper
- Egg wash
- Heat a large pan on medium-high.
- Once hot, add olive oil and shallots. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the butter. When it becomes foamy, add the mushrooms and thyme and sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated and they have reduced in size.
- Add white wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking trays with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Slightly roll out puff pastry sheets to form a rectangle.
- Cut each sheet into 4 equal pieces to form 8 mini sheets. Use a paring knife to score a border ¼ inch from the edges of each rectangle. Do not slice all the way through. Brush the edges with egg wash.
- Equally distribute and sprinkle gruyere onto each sheet, making sure to avoid the edges.
- Top with the mushrooms. Finish with a sprinkle of parmesan over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.