- 6 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon arbol chile powder
- 6-8 chocolate croissants, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9” dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg yolks, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, and arbol chile powder.
- Place the cut croissants into the greased dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips, reserving a handful.
- Pour custard mixture over the croissants and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until custard is just set. Serve immediately.