- 2 wide thick slices of crusty bread (baguette or ciabatta)
- 1 small ripe tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- Jamon Iberico or prosciutto slices to serve
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water, insert a steamer basket, cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the egg, cover, and steam for 7 minutes. Immediately drop into an ice bath and peel.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bread slices and grill or toast over medium-high heat until very charred.
- Cut tomato and garlic in half. Rub all toast surfaces with garlic and tomato. Be sure to squeeze out the tomato pulp as you rub.
- Slice egg in half, place one half on each toast, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Serve with slices of Jamon Iberico or prosciutto.