Pan Con Tomate With Jammy Eggs
Just Jen - "Feeling Fierce "
- 2 wide thick slices of crusty bread (baguette or ciabatta)
- 1 small ripe tomato
- 1 clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 egg
- Jamon Iberico or prosciutto slices to serve
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water, insert a steamer basket, cover and bring to a boil. Add the egg, cover, and steam for 7 minutes. Immediately drop into an ice bath and peel.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bread slices and grill or toast over medium-high heat until very charred.
- Cut tomato and garlic in half. Rub all toast surfaces with garlic and tomato. Be sure to squeeze out the tomato pulp as you rub.
- Slice egg in half, place one half on each toast, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Serve with slices of Jamon Iberico or prosciutto.