Lemon Pepper Salmon With Steamed Bok Choy
Just Jen - "Feeling Sad"
- For the bok choy:
- 1/2 pound baby bok choy, halved and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds, to taste
- For the salmon:
- 1 salmon steak, pat-dried
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil
- Heat a little oil in a small saucepan on medium heat and fry garlic just until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same pan, add sesame oil and soy sauce and mix.
- Zest lemon and slice into rounds. Drizzle salmon steak with olive oil and season all sides with salt, pepper and lemon zest.
- Heat some water in a pot with a steamer insert and steam bok choy for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Arrange a bed of lemon slices on a baking sheet and top with salmon. Broil for 6 to 7 minutes.*
- Serve bok choy alongside the salmon and add sauce and garlic on top.
- *Note: Torch the skin to make it extra crispy without overcooking under the broiler.