- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 pound assorted chicken portions
- 1/3 cup chicken liver
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 red chiles, sliced
- 4 calamansi, cut into wedges
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the calamansi juice, garlic and soy sauce.
- Add the chicken, toss to coat and marinate overnight.
- In a small blender, puree the chicken liver with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a medium-high grill, char and cook through. Take chicken from the grill and chop into pieces and set aside.
- Pour oil into a medium-high heat, large cast-iron pan.
- Cook the chopped onions until just translucent and add the vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped chicken and pureed chicken liver, saute until the liver is fully cooked.
- Remove from pan and garnish with chopped chiles and calamansi wedges.