- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons almond meal
- 4 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- For the garnish: 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add 1 cup of almond meal and panko and toast until fragrant and it has developed a golden-brown color.
- Pound the chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thick, and poke with a fork all over the surface. Season with salt and pepper.
- Set up a dredging station with the remaining 2 tablespoons of almond meal, eggs and toasted almond flour and panko mixture.
- Coat each chicken breast in the almond flour, then egg, and lastly in the panko mixture.
- Transfer coated chicken to a small baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
- Once the chicken has cooled slightly, serve with cabbage and sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.