- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 drumsticks and 2 wings
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed
- To make buttermilk, add lemon juice to milk and stir. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, pour buttermilk over chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add vegetable oil.
- Take chicken out of fridge and remove from buttermilk. Sprinkle with salt, then dredge in flour.
- Carefully place chicken in hot oil and brown well on both sides.
- Add cubed potatoes to the pan and toss in oil.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow cooling slightly before serving.