- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Toppings: 1 large Roma tomato (thinly sliced) and 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1 packet chili flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large stock pot with water to a boil. Add florets and cook until tender and falling apart, about 30 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Working in batches, place cauliflower on a large clean dish towel. Squeeze out the excess moisture of the cauliflower. Don’t skip this step, it helps keep the crust firm.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, egg and Parmesan; mix well.
- Press the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick circle on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the edges are crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove pizza crust from oven. Spread with herb pesto.
- Top with tomatoes and cheese.
- Return to oven for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let sit for 5 minutes. Cut into slices and enjoy.
- In a small bowl, add basil, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, chili flakes and olive oil. Whisk to form a paste.