Cauliflower Fried Rice
Struggle Meals - "Cauliflower's Star Power"
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, grated
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 packet ketchup
- 1 packet (1 teaspoon) sugar
- 2 packets (1 tablespoon) soy sauce
- 1 packet (1 teaspoon) Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Remove stem of cauliflower and cut head in half. On large holes of a box grater, grate cauliflower to form rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- In a large cast-iron pan on medium heat, saute bacon until crispy. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, add onion and carrots and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until onions are soft. Add peas and cauliflower and saute for 4 to 5 minutes. Cauliflower should still be a bit crunchy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ginger, sesame oil, garlic, curry powder, ketchup, sugar, soy sauce and Sriracha. Add to the pan and stir to combine.
- Make a well in center of pan and add oil. Add eggs and cook until scrambled. Add green onions and bacon. Toss and serve.