- 8 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Pour milk and cream into a large pot set over medium heat.
- Stir in the vinegar and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes until the curds separate. Do not boil.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and line with a clean dish towel.
- Pour the milk mixture into the towel and allow all of the liquid to drain.
- Pick up the ends of the towel and wrap tightly to squeeze excess liquid out.
- Place the ricotta back in the strainer, wrapped in the towel.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow to strain for an additional 2 hours.