- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (16-ounce) box medium shells
- 1 3/4 cups grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 butter packets
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- In a large high-sided skillet or cast-iron pan, add pepper, onion powder, water, milk and pasta. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly.
- Turn down to a simmer and continue to stir regularly, cooking for 10 to 15 minutes, or until almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the cheese and mustard, stir until melted through. Stir in butter.
- Season with salt and pepper, remove from heat and garnish with chives.