- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 1 large carrot, small dice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In small bowl, place flour. In another bowl, beat egg and water. In the third bowl, add breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Mix together.
- Next, take your chicken tender and coat it first in the flour, then dip into egg mixture, let excess egg drip off.
- Switch hands and coat in the breadcrumb-cheese mixture.
- Then, place on cookie sheet. Repeat for remaining strips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- In a large stockpot, add cold water and potatoes. Bring water to a boil. Cook until easily pierced with a fork. Drain.
- With a masher, mash potatoes with milk, butter, salt, and pepper, until smooth.
- In a cast iron, add butter and sauté onions and carrot, until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in peas, and cook until peas are warm and defrosted.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.