- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Butter, for cooking
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 pound strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound white mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, eggs, milk, mayonnaise and salt until smooth. If there are lumps pour through a sieve. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place the batter in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium to high heat. Grease the pan with butter.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet, swirling the batter to create an even surface.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown.
- With a spatula, flip and cook the other side for another minute.
- Keep warm in the oven, with sheets of parchment paper in between each crepe, until serving.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cocoa, sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and let boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- On a plate, lay crepe flat.
- Fill with strawberries, then roll up and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- In a cast-iron skillet, melt butter.
- Saute onion with salt for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until soft, another 5 to 7 minutes.
- Toss in spinach and stir until wilted.
- Break cream cheese up into pieces and stir until melted. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Turn off heat. Let cool slightly.
- Fill crepe and fold over.