Struggle Meals - "Food Back from the Dead"
- 1/2 butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound barley
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 bunch of parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon oil and spread on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until soft.
- Cook barley in salted, boiling water for 25 minutes. Drain well and pour into a large bowl.
- Whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon and cumin. Toss with roasted squash, shallots and barley.
- Garnish with parsley.