French Toast Casserole
Struggle Meals - "Food Back from the Dead"
- Leftover bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 soft apples, cubed
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large mixing bowl, tear up leftover bread into 1-inch cubes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, milk and vanilla extract. Add bread and apples and toss until coated. Mix in pecans.
- Grease a 10-inch cast-iron pan with butter. Add bread mixture, cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place casserole in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbling and brown.