Open-Faced Tuna Sandwich
Struggle Meals - "Food Back from the Dead"
- 2 tablespoons crushed salted potato chips
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 (5-ounce) can chunk tuna, drained
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1 packet mayonnaise
- 1 packet mustard
- 2 thick slices crusty Italian bread, about 5 inches long
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 tablespoons shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Set broiler on high (or use a toaster oven).
- In a medium bowl add chips, onion, celery, parsley, tuna, hot sauce, mayonnaise and mustard. Mix until well incorporated.
- Place 2 slices of bread on a sheet tray. Divide mixture in half and spread onto each slice. Top each piece of bread with 2 slices of tomatoes and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Place in toaster oven or under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is bubbling and melted.