Struggle Meals - "Food Back from the Dead"
- For The Patties:
- 1 (6-ounce) can salmon
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 packets mayonnaise
- 1 packet mustard
- Dash of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 buns
- For The Sauce:
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients for the patties except canola oil. Mix until well incorporated.
- Divide mixture in half and form into 2 patties. Place patties on a plate and set in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet add canola oil. When hot add both patties. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on one side until it has a crispy crust. Carefully flip and then remove pan to oven.
- Let cook in oven for another 4 minutes. Remove and let sit for 1 minute. Place patties on bun.
- In a small bowl, add all ingredients for avocado salsa. Mash all ingredients together. Top each burger and serve.