- 2 tablespoons minced parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- In a mixing bowl, add parsley, flour, water and salt. Use a fork to combine.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for 8 to 10 more minutes, adding more flour if needed.
- Cover and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Make walnut-sized balls dough and roll them between your hands into 1-inch pillows. Add to stew one at a time.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes. The dumplings will begin to float when they are done cooking.
- Garnish with fresh dill to serve.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil.
- Add the celery, carrots and onions, and cook until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pot and season with salt and pepper.
- Add thyme, then stir in flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and turn down to simmer, then add the peas.