- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 head cabbage, cored and thinly shredded
- 2 hot dogs
- 2 hot dog buns
- 1 packet mustard
- 1 packet ketchup
- In a large, heavy-bottom pan, add oil and 3 kernels
- Turn heat to medium-high. Top with lid, wait for the first few kernels to pop, then remove lid and add remaining kernels. Place lid on pot and shake every 10 to 15 seconds.
- When the popping slows down to a pop every 2 to 3 seconds, turn heat off. Shake for another 10 seconds. Pour popcorn onto a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a high-sided saucepan on medium heat, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to melt sugars. Boil for 3 minutes, without stirring. Turn off heat and whisk.
- Add baking powder and whisk again.
- Sprinkle peanuts over popcorn, then pour sugar mixture over the top. Stir to coat.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring popcorn every 10 minutes, scraping up sugar, if necessary, from bottom of pan.
- Remove from oven, break up any big clumps before sugar cools. Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3 days at room temperature.
- In a sauce pot, whisk together water, vinegar, salt and garlic powder over high heat. Bring to a boil and dissolve salt.
- Add cabbage and toss until coated.
- Place hot dogs on top of cabbage.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until cabbage is wilted and hot dogs are warm. Remove from heat.
- Place hot dogs in buns and top with sauerkraut.
- Add a packet of ketchup or mustard to each and wrap in aluminum foil.