- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 English cucumber, ribbons (recommend vegetable peeler for ribbons)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- In a saucepan, add farro, water, butter, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for up to 40 minutes, until grains are tender and have absorbed all of the liquid. Allow to cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut off top of garlic head.
- Place in foil, drizzle a little olive oil and salt. Wrap in foil.
- Roast until tender, about 25 to 40 minutes. Keep an eye on it as it cooks. Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, squeeze cooked garlic out of skins. Using a fork, mash into a paste.
- Stir in yogurt, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. If sauce is too thick, add water, until it is pourable.
- In a bowl, add farro followed by arugula, cucumber ribbons, cherry tomatoes, and chicken.
- Drizzle dressing over entire bowl.