Mason Jar Chicken Ramen
Struggle Meals - "Lunches for Work"
- 1 baked chicken thigh seasoned with onion & garlic powder, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- Broth flavor booster:
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Sriracha packet
- 1 soy sauce packet
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white miso
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- In a wide-mouth glass jar, layer the chicken, cabbage, carrot, peppers, rice noodles, chives and cilantro. Cover jar and set aside.
- Make the broth flavor booster: In a mixing bowl, add garlic, ginger, Sriracha, soy sauce, white miso, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Place in a small reusable jar.
- When ready to eat, add flavor booster and hot water to large jar, and allow noodles to soften before eating.