Struggle Meals - "Mushroom Mania"
- 3 butter pats
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds baby bella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 4 brioche buns, toasted
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter pats and oil.
- When the butter has melted, stir in the mushrooms and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until all of the liquid evaporates. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the parsley, egg, breadcrumbs, rice and cheese. Stir in mushrooms and mix until well combined.
- Form into 4 patties and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cook in a skillet for 8 minutes per side, or until golden and crisp, pressing down gently with a spatula as they cook.
- Place a burger on each toasted bun with a slice of tomato, lettuce and mustard.