- 2 russet potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar, plus 2 tablespoon for topping
- 1/2 packet hot sauce
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the potatoes on a sheet tray and cook for 60 to 70 minutes, until the skins are crisp and a knife easily pierces the potatoes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potato in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, scoop out inside of potatoes into a large bowl, leaving about 1/4 of flesh. Mash potato insides until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with half-and-half. Add to mashed potatoes and mix until incorporated. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Spoon back into potato skins.
- With the back of the spoon, make an indentation and add egg yolks.
- Place potato skins on a cast-iron pan, and bake for 4 to 6 minutes, until yolk has set but is still runny.
- Remove from oven and top with chives and more cheese.