- 2 cups cubed day old bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss bread cubes with oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts.
- Place in a large bowl and add salt and lemon juice.
- Gently massage the Brussels sprouts for about 2 minutes, until wilted.
- Add croutons, cheese, pomegranate seeds, and dressing to Brussels sprouts and toss well. Top with walnuts.
- Place the capers and garlic on top of each other on a cutting board.
- Chop and mash together until a paste forms.
- Whisk the egg yolk, mustard and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Drop by drop add the oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Add a little water if needed to thin out.
- Stir in garlic and caper mixture.