- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 6 butter pats, divided (3 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans white tuna in water, drained
- 15 butter crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the noodles, drain and set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add 3 butter pats. When the butter has melted, stir in the garlic and onion powders and flour and cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk and broth and continue cooking until it thickens slightly. Add salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir in the tuna.
- Pour into a 9 by 13 baking dish, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 3 butter pats and mix them with the crackers. Remove casserole from the oven and sprinkle with crackers.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.