- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- In a small saucepan, add sugar and coconut milk. Turn heat to medium high and cook until reduced by half and thickened, 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add egg whites and lemon juice. Whisk until whites come to stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, add shredded coconut, flour and salt, and stir until mixed. Stir in sweetened condensed coconut milk and mix to combine. Fold in egg whites.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until tips are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before moving off of sheet tray.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, fill one-third full with water. Bring to a simmer. Place heatproof bowl over saucepan. Add chocolate and heat for 1 minute. Stir until melted. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Remove cooled macaroons from parchment. Dip bottoms of cookies into chocolate, covering bottom and halfway up the sides, leaving the top exposed. Place back on parchment paper and let chocolate harden.