- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds bone in skin on chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed, and cut into chunks
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Combine the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt, allspice, and red pepper flakes together in a large bowl. Stir until salt has dissolved. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spread potatoes, carrots, onion, and thyme sprigs on a heavy duty sheet pan. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt.
- Remove chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on the sheet pan with potatoes, carrots and onion. Roast until chicken is golden and cooked through to 165 degrees, 40-50 minutes,
- Serve chicken with potatoes and carrots and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Cook's Tip: Brining the chicken in a sweet and salty brine adds moisture and flavor to the chicken thighs.