- 2 chicken breast, butterflied and cut in half
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Salt and pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour to ensure it's nice and dry. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 butter pats and the olive oil. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown, 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining butter pat to the pan with the lemon juice, and capers. Swirl the pan around to create a loose salad-dressing like emulsion. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, then return the chicken to the pan, along with any resting juices and simmer for another 2-3 minutes, basting the chicken with the sauce. Serve the chicken with the sauce on top.