- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped 1/2” pieces
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, carrot and curry powder and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add the ginger, salt, pepper and continue to cook until highly fragrant and deeply colored.
- Drop the stock and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes until the carrots are very soft. Allow to cool slightly and puree with an immersion blender. Add salt to season and serve.