- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 russet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 5-7 minutes. Add the cumin and curry powder and continue stirring until the spices become fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add the cauliflower, potato, vegetable stock, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper.