Baked Sweet Potato Skins
Struggle Meals - "Sweet on You"
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup broccoli florets, small chopped and blanched
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and a half in cubed
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. On a baking sheet tray, add sweet potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until easy to pierce with a fork.
- In a bowl, scoop out sweet potato flesh, making sure to leave a thin layer of sweet potato inside the skin.
- On the same baking tray, place skins face up. Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly crispy edges.
- In the bowl filled with sweet potatoes, add milk, butter, a quarter of cup shredded cheese, salt, and pepper. Mash until smooth and creamy.
- Next, remove sweet potato skins from oven, and fill with sweet potato mixture. Top with chopped bacon, chicken, broccoli florets, and remaining cheese. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven. Drizzle with yogurt and green onion on top. Serve.