Sweet Potato Noodles & Turkey Meatballs
Struggle Meals - "Sweet on You"
- 1 slice bread
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 pound ground turkey breast, dark meat
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- For the pasta:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- For the sauce:
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ to 1 cup hot water
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the meatballs - In a large bowl, add bread and milk, and let sit for 5 minutes. Next, add turkey, egg, garlic, onion, spinach, salt, and pepper. Combine well but do not over mix ingredients.
- With the mixture, form into bite-sized meatballs. On a baking sheet tray, place each meatball.
- In a cast iron, heat up oil. Working in batches, brown meatballs on all sides, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove to the sheet tray, and finish cooking in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Make the pasta - With a vegetable peeler, peel thin strips of sweet potatoes. To make the noodles, make sure you’re turning the sweet potatoes after each peel.
- In a cast iron on medium heat, add almond sauce, hot water, jalapeno, garlic powder, lemon juice, and salt. Stir until heated.
- In a pot, add water and salt then bring to a boil. Toss in sweet potato pasta and stir. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Strain into the saucepan, adding water if needed.
- To assemble - Next, toss in pasta, just to warm up. Plate the pasta and top with meatballs. Garnish with parsley, and serve.