Baked Banana Berry Oatmeal
Struggle Meals - "Save Dough, Make Dough"
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 10 in cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, 2 tablespoons of butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Add blueberries and bananas and gently fold into the mixture.
- Pour into cast iron pan. Top with the pecans.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and center is set. Remove from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes.