- 1 pound pizza dough
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces pepperoni, divided
- ½ pound sausage, crumbled and cooked
- ½ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Tomato sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough into 2 balls. Roll each ball into a flat disc, about 8 inches round. Divide filling between both doughs.
- Starting with ricotta, spread evenly, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with pepperoni and cooked sausage. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Next, fold dough in half over filling. Crimp edges to seal.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place calzone. Carefully, slash the tops of each calzone, making a few small cuts for ventilation.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.