Prosciutto & Cheddar Egg Biscuits
Struggle Meals - "Save Dough, Make Dough"
- 3 strips Prosciutto
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-in cubes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons aluminum free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- FOR THE EGGS:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- tabasco, for tasting
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place prosciutto on baking sheets. Bake until crispy, about 15 - 20 minutes. Let cool. Crumble into pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cheese, salt and pepper. Using your fingers, mix in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal texture.
- Add milk mixture and chives. Stir until dough comes together. Dough will be sticky. Crumble in prosciutto. Using a 1/3 cup, scoop dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 25 - 30 minutes. Let cool.
- In a nonstick skillet, add eggs, milk, butter, pepper and hot sauce (tabasco). Turn heat to low and stir eggs, making sure all ingredients are mixed well.
- Cook until eggs are creamy but set, scramble to your liking. Sprinkle with salt.
- Assemble biscuits and eggs sandwich. Wrap individually in foil and freeze.
- Reheat in a 425 oven for 7 to 10 minutes.