- 1-pound chicken thighs (about 4)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice, cook according to package
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- In a large resealable bag, add all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for minimum 2 hours, overnight is better.
- In a large cast iron on medium heat, add oil.
- Next, sear chicken skin side down, until browned. Flip chicken over, and add contents of resealable bag to skillet.
- Bring to a boil. Then, reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- When chicken is cooked, remove from skillet. Turn heat to medium-high and reduce sauce until thick.
- Return chicken to skillet, coat with sauce.
- Top with cilantro, and serve with rice. Enjoy!