- 3 ½ to 4-pound chicken
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin oil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 large head romaine, chopped
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Remove chicken from packaging. Rinse bird thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. If you have time, place chicken on a baking sheet and place uncovered in refrigerator.
- Season the chicken inside and out with salt and pepper.
- With a sharp knife, along the chicken's back leg, make a little hole. Take the adjacent back leg and pull it through the hole. This technique allows the whole chicken to cook evenly.
- In a cast iron pan, place the chicken. (Make sure to wash your hands after!)
- Bake the chicken in the oven, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees in the thickest part of the breast, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve chicken and plate. Serve with Caesar salad. Enjoy!
- In a large bowl, add mayo, garlic, juice, and zest of lemon, salt, pepper, and oil. Whisk until combined.
- Toss in lettuce until fully coated with dressing.
- Add parmesan and panko.