- 1 1/2 cups semolina flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- Fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, add both flours. Pour in some water and mix with your hands. Continue mixing and adding water until it reaches the right dough consistency.
- Sprinkle a clean work surface with flour and transfer the dough. Begin folding and kneading for about 5 minutes. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow dough to rest for 20 to 45 minutes.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into strips and roll each strip into a long snake. Cut strips into 1/3-inch pieces. Taking one piece of dough at a time, use a butter knife to press down on the center and pull towards yourself to form a little curl. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Heat 4 cups of tomato sauce in a large skillet and add pasta, toss to coat.
- Serve with fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil.