- 10 pounds Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Score the tomatoes, making an x mark in the skin at the top of the tomato using a paring knife. Place the tomatoes in boiling water for 2 minutes and then shock them in a large bowl filled with ice water.
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes, then roughly chop.
- In a large soup pot, add the oil and garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 1 hour.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Store extra sauce in the freezer.