- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 pounds sugar pumpkins, cut in half, seeds removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 8 sage leaves
- Roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Dump flour onto a work surface and form into a mound. Form a well in the center of the mound.
- Crack three eggs into the center and whisk until the eggs are well beaten. Slowly incorporate the flour into the egg mixture until a nice dough ball forms. Add water if too dry.
- Clean and flour your work surface and knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Then cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rest while you make the filling.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds, reserve for roasting.
- Place the pumpkin cut side down on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Place the seeds on a separate baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven with the pumpkin and roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is finished cooking, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Scoop the flesh into a large bowl and mash.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, nutmeg, cream and cheese. Set aside.
- Cut the rested dough in half.
- Roll out one piece of the dough until 15 inches long and 8 inches wide. Use your hands to help you stretch the dough as thin as possible.
- Place a row of 1 tablespoon scoops of filling on the top half of the sheet of dough. There should be about 8 to 10 dollops.
- In a small bowl whisk the remaining egg. Brush all around the filling with egg wash and fold the bottom half over the top.
- Press down around all of the fillings to remove air and then cut the ravioli into squares and crimp edges. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli for 4 minutes.
- While they cook, melt the butter in a large skillet, allowing to brown slightly. Add the sage leaves.
- When the pasta is done remove it from the water directly into the pan with the butter and sage. Toss to coat.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds.