- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces butternut squash, diced in 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 half and half creamers, (1/4 cup half n half)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat and melt the butter.
- Add the butternut squash and ½ teaspoon salt, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add elbow macaroni and toss with the squash. Add stock, ½ cup at a time. Stirring constantly until stock is absorbed and past is tender, about 10 to 13 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, turn off the heat, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.