- 1.5 pound ground beef
- 5 packet ketchup, 2 TBS.
- 2 packet soy sauce, 1 TBS.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 16 oz butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butternut squash in a microwave safe dish. Microwave on high for 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove from microwave and mash with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash mash and the rest of the ingredients except the ground beef. Whisk until combined.
- Add ground beef and use a fork to just bring the mixture together. Don't overwork.
- Free form meatloaf on a cast iron pan in a long log shape.
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes before eating.