Lemon Pepper wings w/Garlic Aioli & Seasoned Fries
Mad Good Food - "Guys' Night Out"
Lemon Pepper wings
- 4 tsp seasoned salt 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tsp lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 whole Chicken
- 3 lb party wings
- Canola or Peanut oil for frying
- 1qt of Buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup of Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1tbls of parsley chopped fine
- lemon pepper and lemon slices for garnish
- 3⁄4 cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 6-8 Russet Potatoes (skin on and thinly cut)
- 1 1⁄2 cups of Pancake Mix
- 1 cup of club soda
- 2 tbsp of seasoned salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of dry mustard
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Sea Salt & Cracked black pepper to taste
Lemon Pepper wings
- Fabricate the whole chicken, and add wings to the remaining batch of prepared party wings.
- Brine the wings and additional pieces of chicken except for breasts, (reserve for chicken salad) in the buttermilk and hot sauce blend for at least 2hrs up to overnight.
- Remove wings from brine and place on a cooling rack to drain.
- Heat 3-4 inches of oil to 350 degrees in a heavy skillet/ dutch oven
- While oil is coming to temp, mix dry seasonings together. Begin to dredge chicken wings and gently place them into the oil.
- Add the chicken wings to the pot in batches of about 6-8 wings. Fry for 10-12 minutes or until wings are deep golden brown and cooked through. Repeat with remaining wings.
- While wings are frying, in a small bowl melt butter and mix with lemon pepper, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Once wings are done, toss in lemon pepper sauce until fully coated.
- Garnish wings with additional lemon pepper, lemon slices
- ● In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, minced garlic, dijon, Worcestershire sauce, lemon
- ●juice, salt & pepper together adjusting seasoning to your liking.
- ●Cover aioli and refrigerate for up to 30mins before serving.
- ●In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add club soda and whisk until smooth, It should be a loose batter to ensure a light coating on the fries.
- ● Dunk fries into the batter and let them drain off on a cooling rack before tossing them directly into the deep fryer.
- ● Deep fry at 350°F for 4-5 minutes. Remove fries from oil, drain a bit before adding to the bowl.
- ● Toss with sea salt & black peppercorn so that the exterior of the fries are seasoned generously.
- ● Serve lemon pepper wings with fries.