- 1 Package (16 ounces) Strawberries sliced 1 Package (6 ounces) Blackberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces) Raspberries
- 1 Package (6 ounces) Blueberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp of baking powder
- 6 tbsp of butter, chilled and cut into pieces 3/4 cup heavy cream
- ● Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine berries and lemon juice in a medium bowl, set aside the berry mixture.
- ● Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Pour cornstarch mixture over berry mixture.
- ● Stir the berry mixture gently until ingredients are evenly combined.
- ● Pour berry mixture into a buttered, 12inch cast iron skillet. Set aside berry mixture.
- ● Place flour in a large bowl and add 3 tbsp sugar, baking powder, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles
- ● Stir in cream to make a soft dough.
- ● Drop spoonfuls of dough over the berry mixture.
- ● Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp of sugar over dough.
- ● Bake about 50 minutes or until the top is well browned and juices are bubbly.
- ● Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.