BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- 1⁄4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar; additional 2tbsp for sprinkle
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 6 russet potatoes
- 1⁄2 a cup of mayo
- 1⁄4 a cup of yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 a cup sour cream
- 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup of celery, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup of white onion, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped scallions,
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup of sweet relish,
- 4 boiled eggs chopped
- 1⁄4 tsp Season Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1⁄4 tsp of Sazon
- 6 bunches of collard greens, chopped
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 2 qts of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 4-5 slices of bacon chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Combine spice mix and set aside.
- Mix together mustard and balsamic and rub all over ribs then sprinkle on spice mix, reserve extra spice mix.
- Sear both sides on a griddle cast iron pan for about 5 mins each side.
- Remove ribs from the pan and place on a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the remaining spice mix and a little brown sugar, then wrap ribs tightly in foil, and place in a 300 degree F oven for 1.5 hours. Remove from foil and serve.
- In a large pot starting with cold water bring potatoes to a rolling boil and simmer for 20- 25mins until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove and allow to cool just enough to handle.
- Peel potatoes and dice into 1⁄2 inch square size.
- Transfer the warm potatoes to a large mixing bowl and add apple cider vinegar set aside and allow to chill for 15-20mins
- Add celery, onion, scallions, carrots, sweet relish, and chopped boiled eggs
- In a small bowl combine mayo, mustard, and sour cream and seasonings.
- Gently fold in potatoes and add additional seasoning to taste.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1hour up to overnight.
- In a large sauce, pot add chopped bacon, and begin to saute and render fat.
- Once bacon becomes fully cooked add garlic and onions and continue to cook down for an additional 10mins
- Add collard greens, fire-roasted tomatoes, whole jalapeno (do not cut or pierce, it will make the greens too spicy), and stock, simmer for 20-25mins until completely tender and bitter cooked off.
- Add additional water or stock as needed and season to taste
- Once completely cooked add butter and serve.